10 times Rishabh Pant entertained viewers with his Chennai Test antics
Indian wicket mixer Rishabh pants has become a favorite with viewers (since there are no crowds) with his antics and everything he says behind the stumps. While his babysitting jokes with Australian skipper Tim Paine on India’s last tour of Australia and his “Come on Ash” to cheer Ravichandran Ashwin became a rage among viewers, the 23-year-old years has added wit and more humor to his words and the stump mic chatter has become something to expect when India is on the pitch.
While his recent “Spiderman Spiderman” in the Australian series was even praised by the CCI, Pant has shown he has enough and more gear to keep viewers engaged and entertained for the duration of the rounds. bowling in India, although this extends to 190 as it did in the first Test against England in Chennai.
From puns on player names to pajamas to team-mates’ morale, Rishabh Pant displayed the full range of his things in the first game. Here are some of the things he said during the game:
- Mera naam hai Washington, Mereko jana hai DC (My name is Washington, I have to go to DC) – This was in reference to India’s newest all-rounder in the Washington Sundar test arena and the similarity of its name to the city in the United States , as he cheered on the newcomer during one of his overs.
- Arey nahi hai bhai Reviews (No criticism, brother) – It was at Shahbaz Nadeem when he wanted a DRS for a lbw appeal against English drummer Ollie Pope. There was an advantage and therefore Pant prevented his teammate from reviewing after an LBW call.
- Banana ball padega, mehnat karna padega, chalo yaar, shabaash. Body language utha k bhaiyo (We’ll have to create chances, work hard, let’s go guys! Come on! We need to improve our body language) – Pant motivated his teammates when one of the defensive players missed the outfield.
- Bowling ashes! Idhar fasega to maza aaega (Well done, Ash! It’ll be fun if he’s trapped on this side) – to Ravichandran Ashwin as he tried to outsmart England opener Joe Burns on Day 1.
- Yeah shoot hi maarega – Sweep ya reverse (He will only play two moves – Sweep or reverse) – Pant suggested to spinner Nadeem to explain to him how he should play English skipper Joe Root.
- Chalo Chalo Chalo Yaar Thoda Mahoul Banao (Come on guys! Let’s turn the mood up) – Pant said that during the phase where England were at the top and racking up the runs.
- Bhaiyon Kya Ho Gaya? Thoda Tight Ho Jao! (Guys, what happened? Take your socks off!) – Again, Pant tried to cheer up his teammates.
- Bhagna Padega Puj (You’ll have to run, Puj) – When Cheteshwar Pujara was chasing a delivery during the line-up, as she was heading for the border.
- Pujendra – He gave Pujara a nickname
- Narendra – He gave Nadeem a nickname