Area Accident Reports – InkFreeNews.com
Officers from the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 06:03 Tuesday 22 February, West Old Road 30, east of West CR 100N, Warsaw. Driver: Michael K. Granning, 79 Centerhurst Road, Fort Wayne. Granning’s vehicle hit a deer. Damages: up to $10,000.
- 5:45 a.m. Tuesday, February 22, West Old Road 30, east of West CR 100N, Warsaw. Driver: Tina S. Goon, 60, North CR 300W, Warsaw. Goon’s vehicle ran over a deer that had been hit by another vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000.
- 12:23 a.m. Tuesday, February 22, South SR 13 and East Shoop Road, Pierceton. Driver: Dustin D. Greenwood, 43, East US 30, Pierceton. Greenwood’s vehicle hit a deer. Damages: up to $5,000.
- 7:50 p.m. Monday, February 21, North CR 150W, south of West CR 400N, Warsaw. Driver: Lizbeth Navarro Robles, 23, West CR 100S, Warsaw. Navarro Robles’ vehicle hit a deer. She was driving with an expired ID. Damages: up to $5,000.
- 6:54 p.m. Monday, Feb. 21, South CR 700W, North of Mile Marker West CR 1150S, Akron. Driver: Edward C. Haines, 49 West Sixth Street, Rochester. Haines’ vehicle hit a deer. Damages: up to $2,500.
- 9:56 a.m. Monday, February 21, North CR 700W, south of West CR 100N, Warsaw. Driver: Keelin N. Beldon, 19 19th Road, Argos. Beldon said a vehicle drifted into his lane. She swerved to the right to avoid being hit by this vehicle. His vehicle struck a small patch of ice on the roadway causing it to veer off the roadway and into a ditch. She crossed the ditch and into a cornfield before stopping. Damages: up to $5,000.
- 09:44 Friday February 18, North SR 15 and West Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Pilots: Robert J. Kurtz, 61, CR 21, New Paris; Matthew D. Raley, 32 Allison Avenue, Panama City Beach, Florida; and Brian C. Schlabach, 18, North Camelot Trail, Milford. A collision has occurred. Damages: up to $25,000.
- 2:41 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 16, West SR 14, east of South CR 750W, Silver Lake. Driver: Alexandra Gomez Delgadillo, 21, North Mishawaka St., Akron. Gomez Delgadillo said she was heading west on SR 14 when she drove over a large amount of standing water, which forced her vehicle off the right side of the road and into a field. Damages: up to $5,000.
Officers from the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 10:32 a.m. Tuesday, February 22, South SR 15 and Prairie Street, Warsaw. Driver: Unknown. A witness said an unknown vehicle hit a crosswalk sign at the intersection of SR 15 and Prairie Street. The witness said the vehicle was towing a flatbed trailer. Damages: up to $2,500.
- 5:24 p.m. Saturday, February 19, US 30 and Commerce Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Lannise M. Binion, 29 University Avenue, South Holland, Illinois; and Katrina J. Rabel, 21, College Line, Aylmer, Ontario, Canada. Binion said her child in the back seat behind her was crying and she was trying to comfort her. When she turned around in her seat, she took her foot off the brake pedal. This caused his vehicle to hit Rabel’s. Binion received a citation for driving a vehicle without financial responsibility or information and a summons for an operator who never obtained a license. Damages: up to $2,500.
Officers from the Goshen Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:21 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 17, 1700 block of Lincolnway East, Goshen. Brittani Shields, Nappanee, reported a vehicle collision near the intersection of Keystone Drive and Lincolnway East. The other party involved left the scene of the accident.