Bulwark® Celebrates 50 Years of Innovation | State
NASHVILLE, Tennessee., November 4, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Bulwark, the world’s largest flame retardant (FR) brand, celebrates 50 years of innovation this month.
“For 50 years, we have been the relentless protectors of those who feed the world,” says Robert grimes, vice president and general manager of Bulwark. During this time, we have pioneered all breakthroughs in flame retardant clothing and have tirelessly championed workers in the oil, gas and electric utilities. We don’t just do FRs. We are FR. “
Since 1971 Bulwark has consistently brought innovation to the FR category. Highlights include:
- 1971: FR workwear launched under Red kap® brand that would later become Bulwark
- 1987: Launch of durable cotton garments that are FR guaranteed for the life of the garment.
- 1992: Addition of Nomex® to the FR line which improved the appearance and control of shrinkage.
- 1996: Red kap and Bulwark merge FR companies and technology to create FR leadership powerhouse.
- 2001: The Bulwark logo moves from the right wrist to the left sleeve to increase visibility and easily signal compliance from security officers visiting the site to security officials.
- 2007: Bulwark introduces the only ANSI FR shirt available to ensure workers are both safe and visible.
- 2011: Bulwark launches the lightest CAT 2 / NFPA® 2112 complaint garments on the market that were lighter and more comfortable to wear, thus reducing heat stress.
- 2014: Bulwark launches iQ® Series, bringing performance sportswear properties to FR and maximizing airflow to keep the wearer dry and comfortable.
- 2018: Bulwark acquires Workrite.
- 2021: Bulwark becomes independent property.
“Our commitment to moving the industry forward has inspired others to join us in continuous improvement and innovation,” said Grimes. “We’ve overcome barriers of comfort, style and durability with better fabrics, sleeker fits and smarter features to transform something you have wear in something you want to carry.”
Bulwark has trained more than 50,000 security professionals on the dangers they face and how the protection they wear can save their lives. Bulwark researchers visit field workers to learn about their extreme working conditions and gather feedback to continually improve their work clothes.
Bulwark plans to continue to lead the industry with innovative new products to serve its customers. The company is planning various events in the coming months to celebrate this milestone and has produced this video highlighting its work.
For more information, please visit Bulwark.com.
Contact: Erin Mathé, Director of Media Relations, [email protected] / 952-261-8148.
More people arm with Bulwark than any other FR clothing brand, as only Bulwark brings 50 years of frontline experience to the realities of those who work in the face of fire every day. Bulwark offers the widest assortment of fire retardant shirts, pants, jeans, coveralls and outerwear that meet NFPA 2112 and NFPA 70E standards, as well as the best FR education programs the world has ever seen. For more information, visit Bulwark.com.
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bulwark-celebrates-50-years-of-innovation-301416078.html